Akin Gump Strauss Hauer &
Robert S. Strauss Building
1333 New Hampshire Avenue, N.W.
Washington, DC 20036
Chairperson: Kim Koopersmith
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP is a leading international law firm with more than 900 lawyers in 17 offices worldwide in U.S., Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
The firm has a diversified practice and
represents regional, national and international clients in a
wide range of areas, including antitrust; banking and financial
institutions; capital markets; communications; corporate and
securities; employee benefits; energy, land use and environment;
entertainment; estate planning, wealth transfer and probate;
financial restructuring; government contracts; health; insurance;
intellectual property; international; investment management;
labor and employment; litigation; mergers and acquisitions; privatization;
project development and finance; public law and policy; real
estate and finance; taxation; and technology.
Akin Gump also employs 1,000 paralegals and administrative staff.
The firm launched a new blog LegalScoop in 2017 with tips and advice for law school students.
The firm was founded in 1945 by Robert
Strauss and Richard Gump. Strauss was former chairman of the
Democratic National Committee from 1973-1976 and served as U.S.
ambassador to the Soviet Union from 1991-92.
Akin Gump provides non-exempt staff and paralegals with competitive compensation and outstanding benefits, including the following:
- Salary Adjustments Based upon Performance
- Discretionary Merit Bonuses
- Clerkship Bonuses
- Referral Bonus Program
- Years of Service Award Program
- Health, Dental and Vision plans, with options for employees, spouses/domestic partners and dependents
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts
- Firm-paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance, Spouse/Domestic Partner & Child Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Voluntary Long-Term Care coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- 10 Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick/Personal Leave
- Short-term Paid Medical and Adoption Leave
- Back-up Dependent Care Services
- Healthclub perks
- Discounts for Cellphones and service
Updated September 29, 2017